Introduction.Go-webproject is an opensource web application framework written in The Go Programming Language.
It is not a Go package that you can import elsewhere. It is completely standalone application which consists of a native, high performant web server and surrounding framework for application code. It is designed to be very easy to start coding with, but still easily extensible, with its flexible, modular design. Project is actively maintained and it compiles with the latest Go weekly release - which is at the moment: weekly.2011-12-14
- html/template package is used for rendering templates, for consistency and security reasons.
- template caching for faster template rendering.
- (optional, linux only) on the fly template reloading without need to restart the service.
- (optional) integrated mux package from gorilla project, for more advanced http routing.
- integrated sessions package from gorilla project, for session management.
- extensions through 3rd party modules.
- external configuration file for web server and application settings.
git clone https://github.com/scyth/go-webproject.git
mkdir config templates
cp examples/config/server.conf config/
cp examples/templates/* templates/
cp examples/handlers/handlers.go src/
At this point, you will want to edit
src/handlers.gofile and write some functionality. When you're done:
Open up your browser and see if your code works as expected. Examples provided in
examples/directory should be self explainatory. If you want to know more, see the package documentation.